7 Reasons Ghostwriters Help Fulfill the Christian Mission
(New York, NY)—If you think Christian books are all still non-fiction, scholarly works written by college professors and ministers, you could not be more wrong. The world of publishing has changed, and many ministries are encouraging members to write with the help of professional ghostwriters.
“The demand for Christian books of all stripes has skyrocketed,” says Larry Leichman, co-owner of Arbor Books (http://www.arborbooks.com/), a leading ghostwriting, editing and self-publishing firm. “Many Christians are determined to share the word of God through fiction and children’s books but are not writers.”
Mr. Leichman’s company has seen a growing demand for ghostwriters and editors who specialize in Christian books as many denominations have made it a priority for their members to proselytize through new publishing mediums, such as print-on-demand (POD), e-books, and audio books.
Among the benefits Mr. Leichman sites for ghostwriting a Christian book are his top 7:
1. Evangelism: Written works are still the best way to spread your testimony and the teachings of God, according to Mr. Leichman. Ghostwriters help to polish and shape the message.
2. Examining our lives: Personal memoirs and testimony are powerful tools for bringing a humanity to the face of Christianity.
3. Getting closer to God in your daily lives: Putting thoughts to paper and taking the time to think through your thoughts about God and His works can be a great way to deepen your understanding and connection with Him.
4. Therapy: Let’s face it, we all struggle with doubt and tragedy. Writing remains a great way to achieve catharsis.
5. Teaching: Formal settings like churches can intimidate some spiritual seekers. Having a professional book written for the curious among us can help teach Christian tenets.
6. Advice: As a Christian, you are probably asked constantly for spiritual advice. Why not formalize that advice in a written book you can share.
7. Bible study: Scholarly works are still purchased in droves by those seeking to know more about the Christian story.
“Writing is not easy for everyone,” says Joel Hochman, co-owner of Arbor Books, “but for Christians it is very important work. Christian publishers are now looking for creative, new ideas and will scour the earth to find good work. A ghostwriter can help ensure quality.”
Mr. Hochman points out that some of the hottest Christian books are works of fiction. He points to such top Christian fiction writers as Frank Peretti, William P. Young, D. Shane Burton, Randy Alcorn, Ted Dekker, Samuel White, Shaunti Feldhahn, Jan Karon, Dee Henderson, Janette Oke, Lillian K. Duncan, George MacDonald, Robert Calvert, Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins, Bill Myers, Shane Johnson, and Alton Gansky.
A global company, Arbor Books has worked for years with the Christian community to produce inspiring memoirs, insightful histories, thrilling novels and many other books in this genre. The firm works closely with clients to plan their projects at prices that meet their budgets. Ghostwriting a Christian book generally costs between $3,500 and $19,000, depending upon the length and complexity of the manuscript desired by the client.
Most books can be written in 120 days through interviews with the client via phone calls or e-mails or in person (some clients also opt to provide their ideas via Word documents, audio tapes or videos). As the ghostwriter progresses, work is sent to the client for approval. Completely confidential, only the client’s name appears on the finished product, and he or she retains 100 percent of the rights and profits.
Arbor Books ghostwriters have years of experience in writing books with Christians from all walks of life.
Arbor Books’ ghostwriters and projects have been published by industry giants such as HarperCollins, Simon & Schuster, Warner Books and Penguin. The firm even features many writers who have written multiple Christians books for both laymen and clergy.
For more information, please visit http://www.arborbooks.com/ or call 1-800-877-2500.